I am trying to find more uses for the spent grains from each brew day, and this pancake batch came out really good! Now I can’t wait to brew more so i can have more epic breakfasts 😛
- Dry ingredients
- whole wheat flour, 2 cups
- spent grains, 1 cup
- baking soda/powder, 1 tsp
- salt, 1 tsp
- cinnamon, 1 Tsp
- Wet ingredients
- eggs, 2
- almond milk (or other milk), 1.5 cups
- honey, 1oz
- molasses, 1oz
- vegetable or olive oil, 2 Tsp
- vanilla extract, 1/2 tsp
- Toppings / extras
- banana (cut up very small), 1
- organic maple syrup
- unsalted butter, warmed to room temperature
My steps for making these pancakes…
- Combine all the wet ingredients in one big bowl (all the ingredients will end up in here).
- Combine all the dry ingredients in another bowl.
- Whisk in gradually, all the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients bowl.
- Once all is together and blended, add your banana and whisk that in also.
- Lightly oil/butter a cast iron pan or other preferred pan, heat with low to medium heat.
- 1/3rd of a cup at a time, make pancakes on the pan. Let each side cook 1.5-2 minutes and then transfer to a holding plate.
- Makes 6-8 “real” pancakes, depending on how heavy your hand is 😛
- Serve with softened butter slabs and organic real maple syrup, and you’re good to go 🙂